Pains Wessex Manoverboard MK9
The Manoverboard MK9 compact Lifebuoy marker produces dense orange smoke for 15 minutes and features two self contained, inversion switched, LED lights which far exceed SOLAS requirements. Ships are required to carry 2 markers, one mounted on each bridge wing with the brackets supplied and attached by line to a 4kg Lifebuoy. The signal is used to mark the position of a man overboard by day or night. It can be automatically deployed by releasing the attached lifebuoy, or manually activated.
- Day and night signal attached to 4kg lifebuoy and used in an emergency to mark the position of man overboard.
- Provides 15 minutes of dense smoke.
- Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration.
- Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water.
- Lithium batteries sealed for life - no annual replacement.
- Screw fit, inversion switched, LED light units.
- Automatic or manual deployment.
- Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Usually mounted on a ships bridge wing.
- Approved mounting height: 56m - but manufacturer tested to survive 100m drop into water (SOLAS only requires 30m).
- Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard.
- Signal and lifebuoy mounted on bridge wing in ready to fire position.
- Release locking pin and lifebuoy falls, automatically deploying marker.
- Alternatively, manually throw lifebuoy overboard.
This compact unit is ideally stored in good magazine conditions in an upright position, mounted to its stainless steel bracket in our original packaging.
Onboard vessel: Two units are normally required to be carried. Mounted inverted and attached to a lifebuoy. Usually positioned on each bridge wing and need a clear, uninterrupted drop into the water.