Giving employees reasons to be proud of their careers at Elcome
There is something special about Elcome. We attract and retain exceptionally talented people to work in our marine business. We take care of our employees. We believe the words “Welcome to Elcome” should apply to our employees just as much as to our customers. Apply to join us.
Positioned for success
For employees who decide to build a career at Elcome, the growth opportunities are excellent and rewarding. There are incredible career opportunities available and we are committed to promoting from within for all our employees.
Ensuring a healthy and safe work environment for all employees is a top priority for Elcome. We aim to make safety a part of everything we do. We have workplace safety programs in place at regular intervals to ensure that our high safety standards and procedures are clearly communicated and observed on-the-job. As an important member of our team, you will be trained to identify and report any potential issues, and encouraged to offer suggestions to improve health and safety.
Hundreds of people have joined us during our 50-year history, and some have left for other opportunities or have set up small businesses in the same industry. However many do remain with us for careers spanning 15 to 25 years. Our employees who choose to stay with us have a common reason – we work as a family, for our families. Our average employee tenure (years of service) is currently 12.4 years, which can be considered as one of the highest in private companies in the Middle East within our industry.
Internship at Elcome
Product Engineer – Intern, Marine Automation
We are currently seeking a suitable candidate to join us as Product Engineer (Intern) in our Marine Automation department. The candidate will be privy to the complete life cycle of prominent projects and be expected to carry out engineering tasks as directed by senior staff. The duration of this internship assignment is approximately 6 months at our Dubai Headquarters.
- Produce designs for monitoring and control systems in accordance with latest marine standards and regulations
- Demonstrate knowledge of products available locally
- Design complete hardware and configure software for systems such as PLC’s
- Present cost-effective customized solutions
- Collaborate with internal teams, onsite engineers and customers
Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical, Electronics & Communication or Mechatronics).
Candidate must be adept in PLC programming, Electrical CAD, E-Tap, power analysis software. Light level/lumen calculation experience will be considered advantageous.
As an apprentice, the candidate will be introduced to various automation control systems such as Alarm Monitoring Systems (AMS), Power Management System (PMS), Bridge Maneuvering System (BMS), environmental solutions, surveillance, and safety monitoring equipment. The prospective candidate will gain first-hand experience in the field as they visit vessels, perform inspections and complete on-board jobs. Moreover, the candidate will gain exposure to globally acclaimed manufacturers and new technologies. This internship role may lead to a permanent position within the organization.
Working at Elcome
Key Responsibility Area (KRA)
- Build and improve relationships with customers, key suppliers, and manufacturers.
- Review company practices to ensure clients get maximum satisfaction from their purchases.
- Identify potential opportunities and inform the sales team to follow-up.
- Help sales team up-sell or cross-sell services and products.
- Study competition to find new ways to retain customers.
- Educate and inform clients about the company’s products, services, and special promotions.
- Attend to client complaints and resolve issues promptly.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys and recommend ways to improving client satisfaction.
- Work with internal departments to ensure company meets customers expectations.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, marketing or any related field
- Three or more years experience in customer service, sales or a related position.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and work within a team.
- Excellent conflict resolution and interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships with clients.
- Exceptional organization skills and a strong work ethic
This position is responsible for installation, commissioning, and service of marine automation systems. This open position is for our Singapore office.
- Strong technical background within automation fields, ideally within maritime environments.
- In-depth knowledge of PC-based control and monitoring systems.
- Troubleshooting and remote maintenance of various automation products including boiler controls and calibration/replacement of related field instruments.
- Field Service attendance – Onboard vessels.
- Installation and customization of automation hardware and software as per OEM and well as job specific requirements.
- Analysis, configuration, and installation of network equipment.
- Experience with power management system and electrical troubleshooting.
- Programming of serial communication lines such as RS232, RS422 and RS485, HART.FF Etc.
- Knowledge of Modbus RTU/TCP, OPC server/client configuration, PID configuration and tuning, etc.
- Software customization using various PLC and SCADA based mimic preparations.
- Perform Retrofit tasks and upgrade of existing automation systems.
Require experience in below systems:
- EMS – Engine Manoeuvring Systems
- EPS – Engine Protection Systems
- PCS – Propulsion Control System
- UCS/MCS – Machinery control system
- Should be an Engineering graduate specialized in Electrical or Electronic & Communication.
- With 5-8 years of hands-on experience.
- Thorough knowledge of marine Automation equipment, an added advantage if knowledge in Lyngsoe products.
- Customer focussed with a commercial mind-set and solution oriented.
- Good communication in English (written & oral).
- To be well versed in using MS Office application.
- A very good team player and an out of the box thinker.
This position is responsible for designing and developing Marine Navigation & Communication Products based on customer specifications or sales department requests. Working with Principles/Manufactures, the product engineer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods, and tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio. This open position is associated with our Dubai Headquarters.
- Supporting the sales team by coordinating with the principals (manufacturers) on Navigation & Communication products and systems including product specification/configuration, customer visits, etc.
- Study sales inquiry and propose appropriate product.
- Follow-up quotations with the sales team, if required meet the customer along with the sales team and close the order.
- Technical support to the sales development team.
- Good knowledge on current and upcoming regulations
- Coordinating with marketing team in exhibitions, promoting Navigation & Communication products.
- Maintain inventory of product marketing material for assigned products.
- Assist department in project quotations, documentations and manage/assist allocated projects.
- To work with other departments to develop product information and technical specifications.
- Generate standard solutions for the department products and systems so that the sales team can quote readymade solutions at the shortest possible time.
- Generate and/or maintain product documentation, manufacturer’s documentation & IMO regulation documentation.
- Study customer inquiry and identify correct product as per IMO and class regulations and customer requirement.
- Generate BOQ as per requirement. Appropriate pricing based on List Price, Freight, Customs & Profit Margin.
- Negotiate with customer based on company’s standard policies and guidance from the seniors.
- Identify new product based on customer requirements in consultation with department head.
Skills & Experience
- An Engineering graduate in Electronics & Communication
- At least 4-5 years of progressively responsible experience in marine navigation products and systems is a must.
- Proficiency in PC applications, including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Must have good presentation skill.
- Hold a valid UAE driving license will be an added advantage.
- Update bank receipts.
- Allocate receipts to customer invoices.
- Scanning of cheques.
- Bank reconciliation.
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
Requirements and skills
- Experience of one to two years as a junior accountant/accounts assistant.
- Excellent organizing abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen.
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. Microsoft D365).
- Holding degree in accounting, finance, or relevant field.
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required.