Witherby: STS Service Provider Management and Self Assessment
A Best Practice Guide
The self assessment programme encourages STS Service Providers to assess their safety management systems against key performance indicators. It provides a minimum expectation level and an additional three levels of increasing best practice guidance. The results can be used to develop plans that support the continuous improvement of management systems and the attainment of high standards of safety and pollution prevention. Key updates include:
- Where applicable, the elements have been aligned with Tanker Management Self Assessment (TMSA) 3.
- A new element has been added that covers Maritime Security.
- The ‘Reliability and Maintenance of STS Equipment’, the ‘Due Diligence Regarding Transhipment Locations’ and the ‘STS Operations’ elements have been expanded to include new sections.
- The ‘Environmental and Energy Management’ element now incorporates the OCIMF Energy Efficiency and Fuel Management paper that was a supplement to TMSA 2.
- Elements have been streamlined and merged to improve consistency and make self assessment easier.
- The best practice guidance has been expanded to complement the key performance indicators and revised to remove ambiguity and duplication.
With its publication, the first edition of STS SPSA has been superseded and is no longer available.
Publication Code: GP362
Publication Subtitle: A Best Practice Guide
Publication Edition Number or Year: 2020
Publication Edition Date: 2nd Edition
Publication Author: Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF)
Publisher Name: Witherby Seamanship International