IMO: 2010 FTP Code
International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures, 2010
The 2010 FTP Code, along with relevant SOLAS amendments to make it mandatory, was adopted, with an expected entry into force date of 1 July 2012.
The 2010 FTP Code provides the international requirements for laboratory testing, type-approval and fire test procedures for products referenced under SOLAS chapter 11-2, it comprehensively revises and updates the current Code, adopted by the MSC in 1996.
The 2010 FTP Code includes the following:
- test for non-combustibility
- test for smoke and toxicity
- test for "A", "B" and "F" class divisions
- test for fire door control systems
- test for surface flammability
- test for vertically supported textiles and films
- test for upholstered furniture
- test for bedding components
- test for fire-restricted materials for high-speed craft, and
- test for fire-resisting divisions of high-speed craft
It also includes annexes on Products which may be installed without testing and/or approval and on Fire protection materials and required approval test methods.
Publication Code: IMO844E
Publication Subtitle: International Code for Application of Fire Test Procedures, 2010
Publication Edition Number or Year: 2012
Publisher Name: International Maritime Organization (IMO)