Witherby: Guide to Manufacturing and Purchasing Hoses for Offshore Moorings
including Considerations Relating to Hose System Design
This guide provides technical recommendations and guidance to help ensure the satisfactory performance of hoses commonly used at offshore moorings. Now in its 5th edition, this guide to hoses (elastomer reinforced, smooth bore, oil suction and discharge hoses) commonly used at offshore moorings has been fully updated to incorporate technical recommendations and guidance designed to help ensure satisfactory performance.
New or significantly revised topics covered in this latest edition include:
- The guidance for reeling hose systems is addressed for the first time with particular attention being given to the potential for hoses being subjected to crush loading
- a commentary comparing the design and operating guidance of ‘oil’ hoses and hoses specifically designed for LPG is included to assist operators when considering hose used in the offshore transfer of LPG
- the Safe Working Loads guidance for hose lifting lugs has been reassessed based on the weights of double carcass hoses equipped with typical fittings
- the design specification for double carcass hoses has been clarified, together with the guidance for leak detection
- acceptance tests include new guidance for material tests, and the process for stiffness testing has been revised
- the circumstances that prompt prototype tests have been clarified and new tests addressing materials, torsion, tensile loading, crushing and lifting lugs have been introduced into the prototype test programme. This programme now also includes guidance for the dynamic testing of prototype hoses.
GMPHOM 2009 consolidates the Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings, 4th Edition (1991) and SPM Hose System Design Commentary (1993).
Publication Code: GP161
Publication Subtitle: Including Considerations Relating to Hose System Design
Publication Edition Number or Year: 2009
Publication Author: Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF)
Publisher Name: Witherby Seamanship International
Updated in last two months: No