Application:The Pains Wessex Lifesmoke MK9 is a small and compact distress signal for daylight use designed for stowage in liferafts and lifeboats. SOLAS requires 2 smoke signals per raft/boat.
- Signal for position marking during rescue operations
- Indicates wind direction
- Safe use on oil or petrol covered water
- Conforming to SOLAS 74 as amended
- Ideal also for leisure boats
- Remove plastic cap. Point away from body.
- Pull tab firmly away from canister. Ensure hand remains clear of hot end.
- Throw Lifesmoke overboard immediately. Smoke will be emitted after a 2 second delay.
Storage:This compact unit is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency or in the robust, specially designed Polybottle.
|Model||PainsWessex Lifesmoke MK9|
|Height||114 mm (4.5 in)|
|Diameter||82 mm (3.2 in)|
|Gross Weight Max||370 g (13.05 oz)|
|NEC Max||239 g (8.43 oz)|
|Burning time||3 minutes minimum|
|Colour of smoke||Orange|
|Ignition||Percussion ignitor with 2 seconds safety delay|
|Approvals||Conforms to SOLAS 74 as amended, Res. MSC 81 (70). Approvals: CE 0589, BAM-P1-0191, 0589-P1-0324, BGV MED 423.008, USCG 160.122./21/0, 160.022/21/0 and other major maritime authorities worldwide.|