Lifesmoke MK9 is a buoyant orange smoke signal safe to operate on petrol or oil-covered water. The signal consists of a metal case containing smoke composition and is fitted with a simple pull-cord ignition. For use in distress situations, the MK9 buoyant signal provides an unmistakable smoke trial. Suitable for commercial and recreational boaters. It can also be used by helicopter crews to give an indication of wind speed and direction.
The Pains Wessex Lifesmoke MK9 is a small and compact distress signal for daylight use designed for stowage in liferafts and lifeboats. SOLAS requires 2 smoke signals per raft/boat.
- Signal for position marking during rescue operations
- Indicates wind direction
- Safe use on oil or petrol covered water
- Conforming to SOLAS 74 as amended
- Ideal also for leisure boats
- Remove plastic cap. Point away from body.
- Pull tab firmly away from canister. Ensure hand remains clear of hot end.
- Throw Lifesmoke overboard immediately. Smoke will be emitted after a 2 second delay.
This compact unit is ideally stored in a water-resistant locker at ambient temperature allowing easy access in an emergency or in the robust, specially designed Polybottle.
|Model||PainsWessex Lifesmoke MK9|
|Height||114 mm (4.5 in)|
|Diameter||82 mm (3.2 in)|
|Gross Weight Max||370 g (13.05 oz)|
|NEC Max||239 g (8.43 oz)|
|Burning time||3 minutes minimum|
|Colour of smoke||Orange|
|Ignition||Percussion ignitor with 2 seconds safety delay|
|Approvals||Conforms to SOLAS 74 as amended, Res. MSC 81 (70). Approvals: CE 0589, BAM-P1-0191, 0589-P1-0324, BGV MED 423.008, USCG 160.122./21/0, 160.022/21/0 and other major maritime authorities worldwide.|