The FastFind 220 Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) uses advanced technology packed into a simple, lightweight, palm sized unit. Using the dedicated 406 MHz frequency, FastFind 220 transmits your unique ID and precise GPS location to the global network of search and rescue satellites.
Within minutes rescuers are alerted to your situation, and receive regular position updates. Finally, emergency services can home in on your beacon’s 121.5 MHz transmission to find you.
Explore the world with peace of mind. If you find yourself in a remote area without any other form of communication, activating your FastFind 220 will summon emergency assistance.
McMurdo FastFind 220 PLB features
- Simple design, easy to operate
- Worldwide coverage that ensures you are rescued by professionals
- Transmits two signals simultaneously (406 MHz and 121.5 MHz)
- Waterproof up to 10 meters
- No subscription needed
- High brightness LED SOS morse flash light
- Minimum 24 hour contagious operation
- 6 year battery storage life
- Safe-stow antenna
- Self test facility with battery use indicator
- Floats with a buoyancy pouch (supplied)