A self-contained line-throwing appliance consisting of a weatherproof plastic casing with end cap, twist-grip trigger assembly, rocket and line. To comply with SOLAS requirements, four complete rocket and line assemblies should be carried on board. The device has a throwing range of between 230m and 250m. A solid propellant is used which guarantees a highly accurate flight path even in strong sidewinds.
- Remove the front cover and point in the desired flight direction.
- Pull out safety pin.
- Aim over the top of target. Be prepared for recoil.
- Turn grip to left or right to fire.
- If misfire occurs hold unit in firing position for at least 60 seconds, then dispose of overboard.
- Body and line kit: 9 years
- Rocket minimum 3 years
- Spare rockets are available to replace consumed or time expired rockets.
|Model||PainsWessex Linethrower 250|
|Length||33 cm (13.0 in)|
|Height||31.3 cm (12.3 in)|
|Diameter||20.5 cm (8.1 in)|
|Gross Weight||4.7 kg (10.36 lb)|
|Net Weight||4.4 kg (9.7 lb)|
|Rocket Weight||535 g (18.9 oz)|
|Explosive Content Max||106 g (3.74 oz)|
|Line breaking strain||>2 kn|
|Approvals||Conforms to: BAM 0589-P2-0016 (Complete Unit), 0589-P2-0094 (Rocket only), SOLAS 75 as amended, IMO Resolutions MSC. 81 (70) Part 1, (MED) 96/98/EC, BGV 424.003, USCG - and other major maritime authorities worldwide.|