A self-contained line-throwing appliance consisting of a weatherproof plastic casing with end cap, twist-grip trigger assembly, rocket and line. To comply with SOLAS requirements, four complete rocket and line assemblies should be carried on board. The device has a throwing range of between 230m and 250m. A solid propellant is used which guarantees a highly accurate flight path even in strong sidewinds.
- Remove the front cover and point in the desired flight direction.
- Pull out safety pin.
- Aim over the top of target. Be prepared for recoil.
- Turn grip to left or right to fire.
- If misfire occurs hold unit in firing position for at least 60 seconds, then dispose of overboard.
- Body and line kit: 9 years
- Rocket minimum 3 years
- Spare rockets are available to replace consumed or time expired rockets.