- Day and night signal attached to 4kg lifebuoy and used in an emergency to mark the position of man overboard.
- Provides 15 minutes of dense smoke.
- Far exceeds SOLAS requirements of 2 hours at 2 candela for light output and duration.
- Safe to use on petrol or oil covered water.
- Lithium batteries sealed for life - no annual replacement.
- Screw fit, inversion switched, LED light units.
- Automatic or manual deployment.
- Universal stainless steel mounting bracket. Usually mounted on a ships bridge wing.
- Approved mounting height: 56m - but manufacturer tested to survive 100m drop into water (SOLAS only requires 30m).
- Ideal for use on ships or rigs with high freeboard.
- Signal and lifebuoy mounted on bridge wing in ready to fire position.
- Release locking pin and lifebuoy falls, automatically deploying marker.
- Alternatively, manually throw lifebuoy overboard.
Storage:This compact unit is ideally stored in good magazine conditions in an upright position, mounted to its stainless steel bracket in our original packaging. Onboard vessel: Two units are normally required to be carried. Mounted inverted and attached to a lifebuoy. Usually positioned on each bridge wing and need a clear, uninterrupted drop into the water.
|Model||PainsWessex Manoverboard MK9|
|Height||375 mm (14.76 in)|
|Diameter||183 mm (7.20 in)|
|Weight||3.3 kg (7.27 lb)|
|Weight (including bracket and angles)||3.85 kg (8.5 lb)|
|Net Explosive Content||1.287 kg (2.84 lb)|
|Lamps (bulbs)||2 x 3.6v 2.0A|
|Temperature range||-30°C to +65°C|
|Burning time||15 minutes|
|Colour of light||White|
|Duration||2 candela for 2 hours|
|Use with lifebuoy weighing||4.0 kg (8.82 lb)|
|Attach to lifebuoy with line||4 m (13 ft) long, 9.5 mm (0.37 in) diameter|
|Approvals||Conforms to SOLAS 74 as amended. IMO Resolution MSC 81 (70) part 1. MED: Manoverboard - BGV 422.013, Buoysmoke - BGV 422.014.011, BAM-P1-0596, 0589-P1-0619.|