Evolution Autopilot key features
- Automagic™ - No lengthy calibration procedures to perform. No compass calibration required. Plug and play connections.
- Easy to install - Freedom from the restrictions of conventional heading sensors. EV sensor core can be installed above or below deck. Install upside-down or off the vessel's centre line.
- Aerospace technology - 9-axis precision monitoring of pitch, roll, yaw and heading.
- Fuel efficient - Evolution autopilots steer so accurately they will save fuel and get you to your destination faster.
The EV Sensor CoreAt the centre of every Evolution system is the intelligent EV sensor core, a 9-axis sensor that monitors vessel motion in all three dimensions. The innovative EV sensor core combines advanced solid-state sensors with the Evolution autopilot processor into a single easy-to-install housing. Mount the EV sensor core above or below decks, the rugged enclosure is fully sealed and built to IPX6 and IPX7 waterproofing and submersion standards. The EV-1 is designed for Evolution mechanical and hydraulic autopilot systems. SeaTalkng networking enables a single cable connection for power and data to the Evolution ACU (actuator control unit) and extended SeaTalkng and NMEA2000 networks.
EV Sensor Core Benefits
- Precision monitoring of heading, pitch, roll, and yaw allowing the autopilot to evolve instantly as sea conditions and vessel dynamics change.
- Flexible installation options. Mount above or below deck.
- Simple SeaTalkng connectivity to the control head and ACU.
- Solid state sensor technology delivers dynamic accuracy to within 2 degrees in all conditions.
- Auto-compensation for on board magnetic fields and reliable heading accuracy in the northern and southern extremes.
- Fast and reliable heading data for MARPA, radar overlay, and heading modes on Raymarine multifunction displays.
Autopilot Control Unit (ACU)The Autopilot Control Unit (ACU) of the Evolution Autopilot System is a rugged ACU (Actuator Control Unit) that delivers reliable autopilot drive power and also provides power to the SeaTalkng bus. The ACU-400 Autopilot Control Unit is for Type 2 and Type 3 Raymarine hydraulic, linear and rotary mechanical drives.
- Rudder reference sensor
- Sleep switch
- Drive motor
- Drive clutch
- Digital Input/Output (DIO)
Autopilot ControlComplete your Evolution autopilot system with an autopilot control. The p70Rs control head features vibrant color displays and is powered by Raymarine's intuitive LightHouse user interface. LightHouse organizes all options into simple menu structures and with Evolution's quick setup process, you will be up and running in minutes. The p70Rs features a rotary dial control for power boaters. Use the rotary dial for menu and course changes or activate power steer mode and steer manually right from the p70Rs.
|Model||Raymarine p70Rs autopilot controller (rotary)|
|Nominal voltage||12 V DC|
|Voltage range||9 to 16 V DC|
|Screen size||3.5 inches|
|Display||Sunlight readable optically bonded LCD|
|Resolution||320 x 240 QVGA|
|Colours||16 bit colour (64 K colours)|
|Colour palettes||Four colour palettes - two day, inverse and red/black|
|LCD brightness||1200 nits|
|Power consumption||1.6 Watts|
|Connections||SeaTalk and SeaTalkNG compliant with NMEA2000 marine networks|
|Operating temperature||-25°C to 55°C (-13°F to 131°F)|
|Storage temperature||-30°C to 70°C (-22°F to 158°F)|
|Relative humidity||93% maximum|
|Conformance||Europe: 2004/108/EC | Australia and New Zealand: C-Tick Compliance Level 2|