Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP Doppler Radar
Using advanced Doppler processing, the system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and color codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. The Quantum 2 Doppler Radar makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily identify dangerous targets
Raymarine Quantum 2 Doppler target processing readily identifies and color codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Superior collision avoidance
Quantum 2 MARPA mode provides an effective means of dangerous target tracking. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
Super-easy to install and lightweight design
Quantum 2 has very low power consumption and it can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP Doppler Radar features
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
How Doppler radar works?
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Automatic target acquisition and tracking
The Quantum 2 also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. Quantum 2 can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
Quantum 2 features Raymarine’s new True Trails target history display. The True Trails feature enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
|Model||Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP|
Diameter | Height
|541.0 mm | 209.5 mm|
|Supply voltage||Either 12 V DC or 24 V DC nominal
Minimum: 10.8 V DC | Maximum: 31.2 V DC
|Power consumption||Transmit mode (maximum): 17 W | Standby mode: 7 W | Sleep mode (applies only to radars connected via Wi-Fi): 2 W|
|Operating temperature range||-10°C to +55°C|
|Storage temperature range||-25°C to +70°C|
|Additional storage conditions||Store upright; do not block vents on underside|
|Humidity||Up to 95% at 35°C|
|Maximum wind speed||100 kts|
|Type||X-band solid-state transmitter with pulse compression technology|
|Transmit frequency||9354 MHz to 9446 MHz|
|Peak power output||20 W|
|Pulse widths (3 dB)||40 ns to 14.7 µs|
|CHIRP lengths||CHIRP lengths: 400 ns to 20 µs|
|Pulse repetition frequency||1200 Hz to 4800 Hz|
|CHIRP bandwidth||Up to 32 MHz|
|Standby mode||Scanner rotation - OFF | Scanner transmission - OFF | Wi-Fi link - ON|
|Beamwidth (nominal)||Horizontal: 4.9° | Vertical: 20°|
|Rotation speed||24 rpm nominal|
|Target tracking||Tracking of 25 simultaneous MARPA and/or ARPA targets|
|Target filtering||True motion mode identifies only those objects that are moving relative to the vessel|
|Radar type||Quantum 2 with Doppler|
|MFD compatibility||Axiom and Axiom Pro|
|Perfect for||Sailboats, RIBs, and smaller powerboats|
|Type||Solid State CHIRP Pulse Compression with Doppler target tracking|
|Range performance||24 nautical miles|
|Performance||Lightweight and easy to install. Excellent short and long range performance. Detect targets as close as 18 ft.|
|Automatic bird mode||No|
|MARPA target tracking||Yes|