Using advanced Doppler processing, the system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and color codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. Quantum with Doppler makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily identify dangerous targets
Raymarine Quantum 2 Doppler target processing readily identifies and color codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Superior collision avoidance
Quantum 2 MARPA mode provides an effective means of dangerous target tracking. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
Super-easy to install and lightweight design
Quantum 2 has very low power consumption and it can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
Quantum 2 CHIRP radar features
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
How Doppler radar works?
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Automatic target acquisition and tracking
The Quantum 2 also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. Quantum 2 can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
Quantum 2 features Raymarine’s new True Trails target history display. The True Trails feature enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
|Model||Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP|
Diameter | Height
|541.0 mm | 209.5 mm|
|Supply voltage||Either 12 V DC or 24 V DC nominal
Minimum: 10.8 V DC | Maximum: 31.2 V DC
|Power consumption||Transmit mode (maximum): 17 W | Standby mode: 7 W | Sleep mode (applies only to radars connected via Wi-Fi): 2 W|
|Operating temperature range||-10°C to +55°C|
|Storage temperature range||-25°C to +70°C|
|Additional storage conditions||Store upright; do not block vents on underside|
|Humidity||Up to 95% at 35°C|
|Maximum wind speed||100 kts|
|Type||X-band solid-state transmitter with pulse compression technology|
|Transmit frequency||9354 MHz to 9446 MHz|
|Peak power output||20 W|
|Pulse widths (3 dB)||40 ns to 14.7 µs|
|CHIRP lengths||CHIRP lengths: 400 ns to 20 µs|
|Pulse repetition frequency||1200 Hz to 4800 Hz|
|CHIRP bandwidth||Up to 32 MHz|
|Standby mode||Scanner rotation - OFF | Scanner transmission - OFF | Wi-Fi link - ON|
|Beamwidth (nominal)||Horizontal: 4.9° | Vertical: 20°|
|Rotation speed||24 rpm nominal|
|Target tracking||Tracking of 25 simultaneous MARPA and/or ARPA targets|
|Target filtering||True motion mode identifies only those objects that are moving relative to the vessel|
|Radar type||Quantum 2 with Doppler|
|MFD compatibility||Axiom and Axiom Pro|
|Perfect for||Sailboats, RIBs, and smaller powerboats|
|Type||Solid State CHIRP Pulse Compression with Doppler target tracking|
|Range performance||24 nautical miles|
|Performance||Lightweight and easy to install. Excellent short and long range performance. Detect targets as close as 18 ft.|
|Automatic bird mode||No|
|MARPA target tracking||Yes|