Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP Doppler RadarUsing advanced Doppler processing, the system instantly highlights moving radar contacts and color codes them to indicate whether they are inbound or outbound. The Quantum 2 Doppler Radar makes it easy to discern potentially dangerous targets when navigating in high-traffic areas.
Easily identify dangerous targetsRaymarine Quantum 2 Doppler target processing readily identifies and color codes moving radar contacts for instant recognition and reduced risk of collision.
Superior collision avoidanceQuantum 2 MARPA mode provides an effective means of dangerous target tracking. Raymarine MARPA target tracking is the same technology trusted by the United States Coast Guard.
Super-easy to install and lightweight designQuantum 2 has very low power consumption and it can be installed in a traditional wired configuration, or use its built-in Wi-Fi technology to connect it to your Raymarine MFD.
Superior performance for situational awarenessCHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation and up to 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather.
Raymarine Quantum 2 CHIRP Doppler Radar features
- Doppler moving target display allows for superior situational awareness at-a-glance
- Fully automatic ARPA target tracking, along with manual MARPA mode
- Adjustable TrueTrails target history shows the motion history of moving contacts
- CHIRP Pulse Compression detects contacts as close as 18-feet for zero-visibility navigation
- 24-mile range for early detection of traffic, navigation aids, landfall and weather
- Immediate awareness – Quantum starts up and is ready to go in seconds
- Superior interference rejection eliminates noise from other radars
- Simplified installation with Wi-Fi or thin wire network connectivity
- Easy upgrade – Quantum 2 fits the same bolt pattern as other Raymarine scanners
- Lightweight and easy to install – Quantum weighs up to 50% less than comparable magnetron radars
- Safe emissions – mount Quantum anywhere onboard
- Low power consumption for extended battery life under sail
How Doppler radar works?
- Microwave energy waves are bounced off of a distant target, just like conventional radar.
- Moving targets send back echoes whose frequencies shift upward or downward from what was originally transmitted.
- For inbound targets, the frequency increases as the leading edge of the returning echoes are received more frequently as the target’s range decreases.
- For outbound targets, the frequency drops as the returning echoes spread out as its range increases.
- Doppler radars are engineered to detect these small shifts in wave frequency, and use them to classify moving radar targets.
Automatic target acquisition and trackingThe Quantum 2 also features fully automatic target acquisition and tracking. Configure custom safety or alarm zones and be alerted to new radar contacts entering the zone. Quantum 2 can begin tracking those contacts automatically, calculating their course, speed, closest point of approach and more. You’ll be alerted to dangerous contacts with audible alerts and easy to understand on-screen graphics.
True TrailsQuantum 2 features Raymarine’s new True Trails target history display. The True Trails feature enables you to see a historical “wake” behind every moving contact. This additional information makes it even easier to interpret the motion of other vessels, and make smart maneuvering decisions to pass safely.
RAYMARINE QUANTUM 2
Diameter | Height
541.0 mm | 209.5 mm
Either 12 V dc or 24 V dc nominal
Minimum: 10.8 V dc | Maximum: 31.2 V dc
Transmit mode (maximum): 17 W | Standby mode: 7 W | Sleep mode (applies only to radars connected via Wi-Fi): 2 W
Operating temperature range
-10°C to +55°C
Storage temperature range
-25°C to +70°C
Additional storage conditions
Store upright; do not block vents on underside
Up to 95% at 35°C
Maximum wind speed
X-band solid-state transmitter with pulse compression technology
9354 MHz to 9446 MHz
Peak power output
Pulse widths (3 dB)
40 ns to 14.7 us
Chirp lengths: 400 ns to 20 us
Pulse reptition frequency
1200 Hz to 4800 Hz
Up to 32MHz
Scanner rotation - OFF | Scanner transmission - OFF | Wi-Fi link - ON
Horizontal: 4.9° | Vertical: 20°
Tracking of 25 simultaneous MARPA and / or ARPA targets
True Motion mode identifies only those objects that are moving relative to the vessel
Quantum 2 with Doppler
Axiom and Axiom Pro
Sailboats, RIBs, and smaller powerboats
Solid State CHIRP Pulse Compression with Doppler target tracking
Lightweight and easy to install. Excellent short and long range performance. Detect targets as close as 18ft
Automatic Bird Mode
MARPA Target Tracking